The Many Uses Of A Super Cape
1. Covering your injured team mate in the cold of space. ( JLA #1 Our Worlds At War, 2001)
2. Transporting your best friend to get medical treatment. (Wonder Woman #172, 2001)
3. Wrapping your wife in it after she burns her clothes. No need to find any replacement for her really since you’re both on your honeymoon and have plans that don’t require clothes. (Wonder Woman #300, 1983)
4. Swaddled in it while you both make love in the air. (The Dark Knight Strikes Again, 2002)
5. Sometimes a man and his wife will swap capes. And he will use hers in love and honor of her 1000 years from the time they decided to pursue their love for each other. (Kingdom Come, 1996 and Justice Society of America #22, 2008)
6. Maybe she’s holding it for him while he works out. Or did they get interrupted doing some sort of activity. Either way she looks good in it and he looks happy. Tune in December to find out. (Superman/Wonder Woman #3, 2013)
Q:The relationship between these two is real! I laugh at those who think otherwise. I love these two together because they truly understand each other and accept each other for who they are. Reading issue #2 when Diana said "...you will beat him because of who you are. Clark. Kal-El. Superman." She acknowledges and accepts every aspect of him as one person. Clark also knows and respects that Diana can take care of herself and is independent but he still has her back. Absolutely beautiful!
Yes. Many people reading the book, as seen by the many reviews we linked to, are coming to appreciate the beauty of this relationship. We hope people will continue to see what we do. No relationship has any real grounds for stability if it does not have truth, trust, friendship and acceptance. Diana and Clark had this way before the reboot. That is not new to them. What is new this time is that they are learning to be emotionally and physically vulnerable on another more intimate and profound level. And finally we have a real melding and bridging of their different worlds.
Some of the best love stories are of two worlds colliding. There is so much to learn and experience. And it could never be predictable at all. This relationship is the one to personally aspire to. Because it is not one whereby we have to hide or repress who we are nor have our goodness, principles and motivations defined by needing one person to ground us.
And yes, to appreciate all aspects of our partners and no matter how capable they are…to stand up to anyone who dares to hurt or insult them. Because when you love someone that is what you do.